< 2019 Sunscreen Trend >
- Physical sunscreen
Especially babies and kids, go for a physical(mineral) sunscreen also trending mixed formula (chemical & physical) for adults.
- Multi-functional sunscreen
Blocks fine dust, and anti-pollution functional products have been released a lot, however need to consider appropriate SPF(effectiveness), your skin type, eye irritation and long-lasting effect mainly.
- Sunscreen division
Has been categorized by target(age, skin type etc,.) who use the product and texture such as water-drop, washable & finishing results.
- Toxic/harmful ingredients are eliminated
Manufacturers are producing free of Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Cyclopentasiloxane (type of silicone that is easily spreadable, however can cause mild irritation).
< What is washable sunscreen? >
As it says, easy to cleanse and can be washed off with 1st cleanser. Sunscreens need to be removed properly as it can clog pores and cause pimples, however people who have contact dermatitis or sensitive skin can be irritated by 2-step cleansing so this type of easy-to-wash sunscreens are for them – doesn’t mean less effective.
This type of sunscreen also may contain orange oil, citrus lemon peel oil or lavender oil, and if you are allergic to fragrance should consider – Not good for kids and pregnant women either.
< Washable Sunscreen Main Features >
• Easy to wash
• Free of artificial fragrance but may contain natural oil (aromatherapy oil)
• Can cause minor eye irritation (result vary)
• Texture is ‘So So’ under makeup
< Best Washable Sunscreens >
- Dr. Orga 100 Sun Cream (2019 ‘Get It Beauty’ Best Physical Sunscreen)
2. ISOI Good Sun Cream
3. DewyTree Urban Shade Moisture Repair Sun
4. Botanical Therapy Washable Sun Pact
< Best Sunscreens for Baby and pregnancy >
- Scinic The Simple Non-nano Physical Sun Lotion
2. Innisfree Truecare Non-nano Phisical Sunstick
3. Sidmool Ultra Facial Moisturizing Sungel
< Additional Info. >
- Physical sunscreen also can be harmful to infants under 15 months(some say babies under 6 months should not use sunscreen), so block UV rays covering with strollers or wide brimmed-hats. If stay longer outside, apply one of above recommendations.
- Should avoid these ingredients during pregnancy
• Retinols (keep away especially early pregancy)
• Diethanolamine (DEA)
• BHA (Salicylic Acid)
• Benzophenone-3 (mostly chemical sunscreens)
• Essential oils (Aromatherapy oils)
- Is it necessary to apply sunscreen every 2 hours?
In my opinion, this is a quite reasonable answer and recommend to touch up if have oily skin (please check on the post – 2018 Get It Beauty Best Sunscreen how to refresh/touch-up) .
A: Further reapplication is necessary after vigorous activity that could remove sunscreen, such as swimming, towelling, or excessive sweating and rubbing. If you are spending the day indoors applying sunscreen once in the morning before leaving your home will protect you for much longer than 2 hours, so indoors most of the day, you may not need a second application – generously apply before going out.
Thanks for reading and please watch this video to check for more details of recommended products.