We’re living in a mask environment, required to wear a mask all day and still do wear makeup so I have been thinking of posting little tips for your daily makeup that help eliminate the rubbing off of makeup onto your mask. More focus on base, not much color makeup so hope not be disappointed about this topic😅
Also my aim is to keep skin healthy, more breathable under a face mask and feel comfortable so mainly focus on minimal makeup & skincare rather than how to keep makeup from transferring to your face mask.
(will be continued with foundation(s) and skincare products recommendation in the following post)
< My Makeup Routine >
After basic skincare routine, finishing with sunscreen then what products are you going for? My daily routines vary, some days just apply foundation and finish with setting powder, and other days use a concealer and cushion or all together (primer, concealer & foundation etc,.) whenever I have time.
Reminder that I’m not a professional makeup wearer, ‘simple person’ that survives each day with minimal yet must have makeup products – more likely Cushion(s), however recently more into Foundation(s)- can tell you more in the next post.
< Concealer – Easiest & Must (if need coverage) >
Heavy makeup can cause skin irritation, leading to clogged pores or breakouts especially humid conditions under the mask. If you’re looking for lightweight makeup or full-coverage looking makeup, simply dab to cover and blend even out your skin tone with concealer(s). It needs to be long-lasting and matte to extend your makeup wear, and check ingredients if you have sensitive skin.
- Popular Korean Concealer Products
• WakeMake Defining Cover Concealer
• CLIO Kill Cover Liquid Concealer
• The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer
• LUNA Long Lasting Tip Concealer
• Hanskin Blemish Cover
• Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
(not Korean product but one of best selling product in drug store, and shade is different to AUS store. 10 Light or 15 Fair (for medium skin tone) is recommended if you’re buying it in Korea)
2. Color Comparison
I’m a standard No.23 user – 23N (Neutral), however my skin tone is getting slightly brighter (thanks to vitamin serum(s): IOPE Vitamin C & VARI:HOPE Pure Vitamin C Ampoule+ 😊) so current my shade is between No.22~ 23 (0.5 tone up I think >.<).
These are No.23 shades used (medium color) from each brand and as you can see, some brands are a bit darker despite brand’s recommendation so if in doubt, go for one tone lighter shade for your skin. (The Saem 1.25 and Hanskin Bright is better color for me, No.23 user)
cf. please note that these are all liquid formula & tip applicator, except Hanskin(creamy & tube, bit gray-ish shade like a Dr.Jart BB)
- Good Ingredients Concealers
• Hanskin Blemish Cover: Great for pore cover and recommend for oily & acne-prone skin
• Wakemake Defining Cover Concealer: Recommend for dry to combination skin
• Bobbi Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer: Recommend for dry to combination skin, suitable for sensitive skin
cf. May consider if you have sensitive skin..
• Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: contains paraben & PEGs and Propylene Glycol (may cause skin allergy)
• YSL Tuche Eclat: contains PEGs & mineral oil
• Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer: contains BHT & paraben
• Estee Lauder Double Wear Flawless Concealer: contains Sorbic Acid & PEGs
• The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer: contains PEGs, Phenoxyethanol, Limonen
• LUNA Long Lasting Tip Concealer: contains parabens & PEGs
• CLIO Kill Cover Liquid Concealer: contains PEGs
- Matte Makeup with Concealer
This video I have found is great for matte concealer makeup. This is originally created for ‘How to wear concealer? by Son Dae Sik (Son & Park co-founder)’ however if you watch until the end you don’t actually need another step of makeup, finish with your setting powder or fixer 😋 (I have tried and it really works^^)
- Affordable yet good coverage Concealer
If you want to know about some basic(+) techniques, this will show the useful tips, content containing product details (Peripera Double Longwear Cover Concealer) – color, texture and how to apply with brush. Perfect for beginners like me ^^
- New Released Concealer(s)
These are recent released product and getting popular so if you’re looking for the newbies here they are:
• The Saem Cover Perfection Fixealer Concealer
(cf. The Saem Studio Concealer is the one of the most popular but not new-released )
• LUNA Long Lasting Tip Concealer Fixing-Fit
• Hanskin Tip Concealer (liquid formula and ideal for spot cover)
• HINCE Second Skin Cover Concealer
• Dear Dahliar Flawless Fit Expert Concealer
👉 Features more matte, smudge-/transfer-proof formula, and Hince & Dear Dahliar has various shade available (5 and 10 shades respectively)
- My thoughts
The ideal products will depend on your desired makeup look, and how comfortable on your skin without irritation. Concealers can be useful if need more coverage, especially have dark circles under eye bag or strong pigmentations, however if okay to blur imperfections naturally, try to use primer(pearl-based) or tone-up cream/sunscreen and also high-coverage foundations & cushions – totally up to you. My suggestion? use concealer partially then follow with foundation or cushion, it makes a more natural look rather than mono-dull, and also enhances natural radiance overall and Remember, Less is more~😋
See you next post with foundations that you may be interested..
Thanks for reading and any questions or tips please share – Love to know🤩