When you buy a mascara do you consider its use – Lengthening? Curling? Non-smudging? There are so many types of mascara at the makeup counter it’s hard to pick the right one. A beauty magazine survey in Korea and found 2 common needs – Lengthening & Volumizing effect.
About 100 years ago, a man had a sister who wanted to have big, pretty eyes (must thought big eyes give more attraction to men) and he was trying to help her eye look more beautiful. This lovely, skillful businessman created the formula(mixing coal with vaseline) to make her eye bigger & prettier, and this led to launching the product on the market – it’s the first mascara ‘Maybelline’.
*Consider that there is some other ‘Mascara Origin’ story such as Egyptian or Rome, however this is the product which was officially announced to the public.
< Mascara Use Tip(s)>
1.How to create a prettier eye look?
Curl your lashes, using eyelash curler or heat up curler to stay longer. Another trick is to apply color mascara to make your eyes pop – can be worn full color or use only the end of lashes, it makes more subtle, mysteriously beautiful.
2. How to remove mascara completely?
There is a common symptom called ‘Concretions’ – small yellow/white patches in the conjunctiva (a layer that covers the white of the eye and lines the insides of the upper & lower eyelids) that made from keratin, and if you don’t clean mascara properly this infection can happen.
This picture shows a heavy eye makeup and mascara wearer after 25 years of skipping proper daily removal – color changed to black and almost lost her eyesight.
(1) Use a eye-makeup remover
Wet a makeup cotton pad(not a cotton ball as the fibers can detach & get in your eyes) with the remover of your choice – Press the wet side of the pad to your closed eye and hold for 15~20 seconds, then gently wipe away downward. (We all know this, right^^)
(2) Can be used a natural product such as coconut, olive or jojoba oil. It can remove the eye makeup effectively, however I still think using a commercial product would be better as the manufacturer knows how to dissolve the formula.
(3) Another tip’s from ‘Get It Beauty panel’ – wash with a Lens Solution. Lean your face toward to your shoulder and rinse off. Might be better using a q-tip soaked with the liquid as it gets in the eyes and wet my hair. LOL
3. Stop pumping mascara wand when you apply.
It causes infection, damage wand and dry out the formula quickly. Gently twirl the mascara wand inside the bottle, and make sure replace the mascara every 6 months – it has short expiry day than other color makeup products.
<Safe Mascara – doesn’t contain potentially toxic ingredients>
This is an color makeup product so ‘Get It Beauty’ excluded synthetic colorant from 9 harmful ingredients and added Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), which has been linked to cancer, neurotoxicity, skin(eye) irritation and endocrine disruption.
*Have collected 50 each volumizing & lengthening mascaras from the most popular & sold, recommended by industry expert and top ranked on Beauty Apps, and have filtered by their ‘Body Burden’ rule without sponsoring.
<TOP 3 Volumizing & Lengthening Mascaras>
1. Aprilskin Fixing Dual Cara (6ml)
(cf. Not available in Korea so guessing new version is coming? Hmm..)
2. Woodbury UHD Volume & Curl Mascara (7ml)
3. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (8ml)
1. 3CE Pink I’m Good Mascara
2. Clinique Lash Power Lengthening Mascara
3. Innisfree Skinny Longlong Cara
<Interesting Products for whom may want to check>
1. Neogen Code9 Extra Volume Curl Metal Mascara
2. GIVENCHY Phenomen Eyes Waterproof Mascara
3. DDK 4D Silk Fiber Lash Mascara
4. In addition, there is a two-step twist, custom-brush which provides volumizing & lengthening effect at the same time, so if you wish you can check on the net.
Thanks for reading~
*Article source from Get It Beuty Show & some information quoted from Google search.
(published on Oct. 2018)